Are you involved in the organising or running of events as part of your job? Then the IOSH Managing Safely in Exhibitions and Events course is for you. Designed to reflect the requirements set for managers and supervisors upon whom the responsibilities fall for operational safety, it will give you the knowledge, understanding and tools to ensure your event or exhibition is a success. It is a course that is particularly suitable for members of the Association of Event Organisers.
Who is the IOSH Managing Safely in Exhibitions and Events course for?
The IOSH Managing Safely in Events and Exhibitions course is suitable for a wide range of people who may as part of their duties help to organise events or exhibition of any size or type. It will
The course is ideal for a wide range of people who want to learn about managing events safely:
- Senior management
- Team leaders
- Floor managers
- Duty managers
- Organisers and others with operational responsibility
- Anyone with safety input for exhibitions and events
- Part-time health and safety staff, safety representatives and graduates have also found it to be invaluable in providing essential skills for putting health and safety theory into practice.
Key learning outcomes
- Delegates successfully completing the IOSH Managing Safely in Exhibitions and Events course will:
- Have an increased understanding of health and safety in relation to events and exhibitions
- Understand the importance of safety as an integral part of successful event planning
- Have the tools to tackle H&S issues at an event or exhibition as well as understanding what practical actions are available to you
- Be up to speed on current government legislation
- Health & safety Legislation
- Crowd Dynamics
- Safety Committees and Joint Consultation
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Surveys and inspections
- Accident Reporting and Recording
- Communication of Health and Safety
- Risk Assessment theory and practice
- Action Plans for Return to Work
- Floor Planning
The course will be taught by one of our fantastic tutors, all of whom are Chartered members of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). They also have an extensive amount of experience in industry, so you can rest assured that this course isn’t just about theory, it’s about practical applications too.
The course is lively and interactive and each delegate will receive a very useful workbook that they will work through with their tutor and other delegates. It’s importance however does not stop there, and students will find themselves referring to it and its useful information and guides that it contains long after the course has finished.
The course is delivered over one day.
At the end of the course, delegates will be expected to complete a short multiple choice assessment to ascertain their understanding of what has been taught.
Those who attend the course and successfully complete the end of course assessment will be awarded and IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely in Exhibitions and Events.
If you’d like to book an IOSH Managing Safely in Exhibitions and Events course or simply make an enquiry, then please complete the form below: